Belfast Group Poetry | Networks
This project will create a new version of the Belfast Group website, adding an interactive interface to explore the poets' literary and social networks.
About the Project
A team of scholars and technologists are developing tools for identifying and marking up names, places, and organizations in Emory's collection of materials associated with the poets known as the Belfast Group. Tagging these entities will make it possible to examine and present some of these writers' social and geospatial networks.
Because it connects identifiers to the semantic web, the tools created for Networking the Belfast Group will give users access to much more data than documents like finding aids regularly provide. Looking beyond the Belfast Group, similar networks could be documented for other literary groups using the tools and results of this project, which will be released as open source software.
- Project PI: Rebecca Sutton Koeser
- Project Coordinator: Brian Croxall
- Software Developer: Rebecca Sutton Koeser, Alex Thomas, and Kyle Bock
- Graduate Student: Katie Rawson
- Metadata Expertise: Elizabeth Roke and Kim Durante
- TEI Expertise: Alice Hickcox
- IP Team: Lisa Macklin and Melanie Kowalski
- Faculty Consultants: Nathan Suhr-Sytsma and Geraldine Higgins
- Library Consultants: Susan Potts McDonald and Liz Chase