Text analysis is a computational approach to studying texts. Sometimes referred to as text mining or distant reading, it relies on a suite of tools to quantify textual elements in order to identify meaningful patterns. Some areas of text analysis include:
- Word frequency: Examining prominence of terms across one or several texts
- Parts of speech: Quantifying grammatical distinctions
- Named-entity recognition: Detection of proper nouns
- Sentiment analysis: Classifying texts as positive or negative in tone
- Topic modeling: Identifying themes across a body of texts
We can assist you in conducting text analysis by developing testable hypotheses, formatting text for machine analysis, and getting started with text analysis tools.
These are our preferred software tools for this area of expertise. Please contact us with any questions.
|Natural Language Toolkit|
|Natural Language Processing Software|