Rob O'Reilly, PhD
Head, Data Services
- PhD, Political Science, Emory University, 2003
- MA, Political Science, Emory University, 2000
- BA, Political Science, University of Delaware, 1995
Rob's work as a data librarian consists of two things:
- Helping students and faculty with identifying and accessing data that are relevant for their work, and
- Helping students and faculty with cleaning up data to make them usable in applications such as Stata, SAS, SPSS, or R.
In addition, he serves as the university's representative to both the the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) and the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research.
- Expertise: Statistical Analysis
Rob co-authored a book chapter on trends in data-availability policies of top-ranked academic journals in the social sciences.
His dissertation examined the effects of fragmentation in political institutions on trade policy, and part of the disseration was published in 2005.